Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Pre-School Program Director is responsible for the day to day management of the licensed preschool program . He/She will plan, direct, implement and evaluate the program to ensure that the program meets NAEYC standards and supports the mission, values and goals of the YMCA, Headstart and Bright From the Start. Develops and monitors the budget for the program. The Director is responsible for the staff hiring, training and supervision of staff.
1. Must possess a degree in Early Childhood or related field. A Masters Degree is a plus.
2. Must have at least 2 years experience in high quality pre-school administration including Fiscal Management.
3. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
4. A proven track record of operating a State Licensed Facility. Experience with operating a Georgia Pre-K Program, Head Start and a NAEYC accredited center is a plus.
5. Experience with grant funded programs.
6. Provide proof of annual Physical and TB Test results.
7. Strong Human relations skills required.
1. Employ a qualified staff at all levels to deliver the program according to BFS, YMCA and NAEYC standards.
2. Evaluate all levels of staff according to establish standards of expectations.
3. Attend and actively participates in Child Care Cabinet and other staff development conferences and trainings.
4. Creates and proof all written communication as it relates to events and general program updates to parents and staff.
5. Monitors lesson plans and activities to ensure that classrooms operate according to BFS, NAEYC and the developmental level of each age group.
6. Develop and monitor revenue/expenses to meet budgeted goals.
7. Establish a strong Parent Advisory Council to encourage and strengthen parental involvement.
8. Recruit various staff and parents to meet Partner With Youth campaign goals.
9. Monitor menus and various components of the dietary program to meet CACFP requirements.
10. Perform other duties as related to the delivery of a quality preschool program.
Ergonomic Requirements: Bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to 30-40 pounds, seeing, verbal communication and hearing.
Effect of end Result:
Families will experience a high quality pre-school program for their children. Children will be safe, appropriately supervised at all times and provided an academically appropriate setting. Staff will be trained and experience growth in their chosen field. The pre-school will maintain compliance with all regulatory agencies. Parents and Children will understand and support the Mission and Values of the YMCA as we build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness in which the program accomplishes its purpose, goals and objectives in serving the community.