Under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard I will provide a safe environment during swim lessons and other YMCA swim time at local pools. The Lifeguard must perform program responsibilities in accordance with the policies, goals, mission, values and objectives established by the Metropolitan Atlanta YMCA.
Must be at least 16 years of age with a minimum of one year high school level education completed and hold one of the following certifications:
- YMCA Lifeguard Training,
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training or Ellis and Associates Lifeguard Training.
- Must also hold CPRO, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications.
Seeing, hearing, activate EMS, pass Lifesaving class.
1. Supervise recreational swimming under safety regulation as outlined in ?Rules and Regulations?
2. Treat minor accidents as necessary according to the Health Standing Orders, advising the Aquatic Coordinator when the services of a physician are needed and keep incident reports.
3. Bring to the Aquatic Director's attention, conditions or practices which might prove a threat to the maintenance of health and safety of the membership and their guests.
4. Participate in training sessions as scheduled.
5. Maintain water chemistry tests as scheduled and report any concerns to the Aquatic Director.
6. Take cognizance of personal safety, avoiding undue fatigue and risk.
7. Maintain good public regulations with the members and their guests.
8. Observe all regulations which pertain to him/her as staff members.
9. Use preventive lifeguarding techniques to minimize or eliminate hazardous situations.
10. Is responsible for application of any information in the YMCA Lifeguard Manual and/or YMCA Employee Handbook.
11. Must report to work 15 minutes prior to shift schedule.
12. Required to wear provided Lifeguard T-shirt.
13. Will not smoke or drink alcohol while on duty, or be under the influence of any drug or alcohol.
14. Carry out all additional duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director.