Branch: Carl E. Sanders Family YMCA/Buckhead
Supervisor: Play Center Supervisor
General Function:Under the direction of the Play Center Supervisor, the Play Center Counselor will care for the needs of young children between the ages of three months and twelve years.
Know How:· Be able to provide sound, caring and positive leadership for children.
· Provide, to everyone, extraordinary customer service.
· Be able to recognize and implement safety standards in all program activities.
· Must possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
· Must have excellent phone and interpersonal skills.
· Must be dependable and flexible.
· A working knowledge of computers (MS Word, MS Excel, Spirit helpful).
· Ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, problem solve, and possess effective time management skills.
· Have a good understanding of the mission and values of the YMCA and be able to demonstrate those values.
· Must pass the State of Georgia criminal background check.
· High degree of human relation skills: Ability to effectively communicate and manage information to supervisor, peers, staff, volunteers, and members.
· Must be eighteen years of age or older.
1. Maintain branch and association certifications in CPR/AED, Blood-borne Pathogens, branch orientation, and Branch Emergency procedures.
2. Take steps to building committed and connected relationships with members, volunteers, and collaborative partners.
3. Maintains privacy requirements by not sharing personal information about members including, but not limited to, phone numbers, addresses, program participation, financial information, or personal situations.
4. Adhere to, and implement, all policies and procedures listed in the training manual.
5. Communicate in a positive manner with members, guests, program participants and volunteers. Provide appropriate assistance as needed.
6. Assist in annual branch Partner With Youth Campaign. Achieve individual and team goals as related to the campaign.
7. Attend all staff meetings and trainings, as required.
8. Consistent display of the core values of honesty, respect, caring, and responsibility when dealing with members, volunteers, and staff.
9. Stay educated and updated on current issues regarding all YMCA programs and events.
10. Maintain safe environment at all times.
11. Change soiled diapers/clothing in timely manner.
12. Interact with children in age appropriate activities.
13. Clean and sanitize toys on regularly scheduled basis.
14. Maintain accurate records for child check-in and check-out.
15. Abide by Metro Atlanta YMCA’s Keeping Kids Safe Policies as listed in Metro Atlanta YMCA Employee Handbook.
16. Communicate clearly with parents regarding child injuries, behavior problems or health concerns (green congested runny nose, fever…etc.).
17. Complete accident/incident reports related to injuries or behavior problems and health concerns.
18. Report all equipment and maintenance needs to supervisor or department head immediately.
19. Membership cards, guest passes, etc. must be scanned, recorded as required in the training manual.
20. Carry out other appropriate duties as prescribed by supervisor.
21. Must be able to work at least 2 shifts per week/every weekend regularly.
Ergonomic Requirements:Bending, stooping, standing, sitting, lifting up to twenty-five pounds, seeing, hearing, keyboard input, ability to change diapers. Effect on End Result:This position has a direct impact on the continued effectiveness of the YMCA in the community as well as on its membership. This effectiveness can be measured by:
1. The perceived quality of programs and services by the members and the community based on verbal feedback.
2. Branches monthly retention goals achieved.
3. Excellent attendance.
4. Parents and children are satisfied with quality of care provided by YMCA Childcare staff.5. The YMCA baby-sitting service is viewed by parents as a positive experience in the lives of their children. Hours: Part-time, non-exempt Salary: : $7.25 – $9.08 per hour Link to job posting:
Contact Phone: No phone calls pleaseClose Date: March 30, 2012