Metro Atlanta Business Network (Metro ABN) hosts business networking events and training, exclusively for Linkedin members. Our business model is designed around Linkedin, the largest professional social network in the world. Linkedin has over 150 members worldwide.
Our webiste, www.metroabn.com, is currently being revised. The current website does not have our updated information, but we should have our new website published by May 2012.
Metro ABN conducts business from the exclusive private club:
The City Club of Buckhead
3343 Peachtree Road
Atlanta Georgia 30326
Our business mailing address is:
Metro Atlanta Business Network
3535 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
(this is a UPS store address)
Hours are flexible to accommodate your class schedules, exams, and other extra-curricular commitments. You will occasionally need to come to the City Club of Buckhead for work assignments; however, once you receive your assignments, most of the work can be done remotely from your dorm/ home.
Some internships are unpaid, while others are paid. All positions initially are unpaid. Once we implement our training program, interns who have the ability to work with Linkedin profile applications will be compensated with a stipend for services we will be offering to individuals and companies. We expect to have this in place by summer 2012. For other intern positions, we will consider providing you with a stipend if you can show us how your contribution has increased revenues for our company.
We are in urgent need of interns who have the ability to secure sponsorships and other fundraising needs for our events
Several intern positions are available. These are not sales positions; no sales are required of interns.
Interns will not be required, but may be encouraged, to occasionally attend receptions, business networking events, and training, including Metro ABN “Metro Mixers”, our monthly business networking events held at the World Trade Center Atlanta. Interns will also be required to set up a Linkedin profile if they do not currently have one. There is no cost to become a Linkedin member.
EEO POLICY STATEMENT
Metro Atlanta Business Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Every employee
has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination. We are,
therefore, committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy reflects
the organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is both a
moral responsibility and good management practice. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income or any other status protected by law.
Interns will be required to sign two forms to protect our business strategy:
1. Non-Disclosure Statement
2. Non-Compete Statement
BENEFITS OF INTERNSHIP WITH METRO ABN
1. Gain experience
2. Develop skills
3. Strengthen your resume
4. Hands-on training
5. Use your creativity to help our company grow
6. Receive insights and feedback on what it takes to be successful in your field
7. Receive a realistic preview and a means to compare top career choices
8. Achieve a competitive advantage in the interviewing process
9. Build a network of contacts within your career field or industry
10. Connect with Atlanta’s business leaders
11. Connect with world leaders at World Trade Center Atlanta
12. Build Linkedin profiles for Atlanta executives who don’t have time to do it themselves
13. Work with a team that wants you to gain valuable benefits from your internship
Candidate must be of high calibre with a professional appearance and be well-groomed.
Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and possess the ability to communicate at a senior management level as well as with their peer group. They must also be able to build strong collaborative relationships with Metro ABN partners and our intern teams.
Potential applicants should be diligent, self-motivated and focused, with a desire to expand their knowledge of business, especially as it pertains to Linkedin. Candidate must be able to identify priorities consistent with project needs. Creativity and leadership initiatives are a plus. You will have some creative license to add your ideas to our projects, although all must first be approved by management.
Daily Assignments: Business casual is the standard dress. When working at the City Club of Buckhead, you must adhere to the following dress code: Jeans, sweat suits, t-shirts, and tennis or sport shoes are never allowed.
Business Events: Attendance at all our business events require business attire. For most events, at least a dress shirt and tie for men; dresses for ladies. We will let you know if a suit is preferred for certain events.
Formal Events: Suits and cocktail dresses may be required for a few formal events; however, we currently do not host anything so formal that formal wear is required.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE
For each category, you will NOT need to possess each skill, as you will be working on teams.
1. Researching and facilitating education seminars
2. Participating in business meetings
3. Evaluating and charting Linkedin business trends
4. Administrative duties
5. Data entry
6. Processing business cards
7. Email management for the CEO and Managing Partner of Metro ABN
8. Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for our employee job descriptions
Communications/ Public Relations
1. Liaison to the press and media
2. Advertising, branding, direct marketing
3. Graphic design, packaging
4. Promotion, publicity
5. Public relations
6. Sales promotions
7. Online marketing
1. Lead strategic relationship for partners to achieve brand and commercial outcomes
2. Create initiatives around ticketing and hospitality
3. Negotiate agreements for exhibitors and sponsorships
4. Manage the asset budget to ensure contractual commitments are delivered
5. Manage the sponsorship request process, ensuring that all sponsorship requests are
logged, communicated to relevant parties and response provided to all inquiries.
6. Demonstrate experience in brand management and knowledge of the sponsorship
7. Provide first class service to all exhibitors and sponsors
1. Linkedin: Email management, moderate groups
2. Linkedin profile applications (our most needed area for interns; knowledge on how to work
with these apps will be a bonus for the right interns)
- Word Press (by Wordpress)
- Polls (by Linkedin)
- Lawyer Ratings (by Lexis Nexis Martindale Hubbell)
- My Travel (by TripIt)
- Events (by Linkedin)
- Legal Updates (by JD Supra)
- Box.net Files (by Box.net)
- Portfolio Display (by Behance)
- Real Estate Pro (by Rofo)
- Google Presentations (by Google)
- Slide Share Presentations (by Slide Share Inc.)
- Reading List by Amazon (by Amazon)
- GitHub (by Linkedin)
- Blog Link (by Six Apart)
- Projects & Teamspaces (by Manymoon)
- E-Bookshelf (by FT Press)
3. Linkedin Apps (Cardmunch, Connected, etc)
4. Facebook: Admin for Facebook business page; grow fans
5. Twitter: Tweet company events and articles
6. Other Social Media : Evaluate best uses for promoting company
1. Plan and promote Metro ABN “Metro Mixers” and training seminars
2. Collaborate with Metro ABN strategic partners
3. Collaborate with chambers of commerce, non-profit organizations, etc.
4. Plan event budgets
5. Create marketing/ logistics plans