Website Georgia Mountains YMCA
We're more than a gym. We're a cause.
Responsible for providing a quality environment for children that adheres to licensing guidelines, YMCA child care policies and procedures guidelines, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
1. Creates and implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Administers lesson plans and plans developmentally appropriate activities to suit the needs of all children enrolled.
3. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child and creates a comprehensive portfolio of accomplishments guided by the Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards.
5. Maintains positive relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages parents during pick up and drop off.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
9. Assists in the Annual Campaign responsibilities assigned to the Child Care Department.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
1. High School Diploma and 18 years of age or older.
2. Must meet Bright From the Start educational requirements.
3. Effective communication skills.
4. Satisfactory Bright From the Start Fingerprint Letter.
5. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
6. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
7. Ability to organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
8. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
1. Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
2. Ability to monitor large groups of children and act accordingly to meet their needs.
3. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
5. Other requirements specific to this position may require the candidate to: sit, stoop, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend, balance, stand, walk, sit, and reach or grab.
To apply for this job please visit www.gamountainsymca.org.