Website Georgia Mountains YMCA
We're more than a gym. We're a cause.
Under the direction of the Program Director, the Childcare Cook is responsible for creating menus that meet CACFP guidelines that support program goals for the branch operations. In addition, this staff will consider program budgets and other dietary restrictions upon placing food orders. This staff will monitor inventory of all locations and provide information to Program Directors as needed.
1.Prepares food purchases according to planned menus, CACFP/USDA requirements and the
number of children/adults to be served.
2. Inventory branch food orders from vendors and check each order to ensure quality
3. Properly store all products according to Health Service standards.
4. Keeps accurate record of invoices for each delivery.
5. Keep accurate daily counts on all meals served to children and adults.
6. Serve meals according to meal time schedule.
7. Attend mandated training as required by the program
8. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation in the food service area.
9. Wear mandated apron/or smock, hair net, and gloves when handling food products.
Finger nails must be kept short and free of polish.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. Must have a High School Diploma.
3. Have prior experience in the food service industry.
4. Knowledge of CACFP food guidelines.
5. Satisfactory Bright From the Start Fingerprint Letter.
CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
Operational knowledge of food services equipment required.
Safe Serve Certification required.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
Ability to monitor large groups of children and act accordingly to meet their needs.
Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements specific to this position may require the candidate to: sit, stoop, crawl, crouch, kneel, bend, balance, stand, walk, sit, and reach or grab.
To apply for this job please visit www.gamountainsymca.org.