Brenau University’s Center for Academic Success provides academic support to all enrolled students regardless of platform or degree level. Our services include tutoring and academic coaching, plus other general support to ensure student success. The tutors who provide this support include student peers, credentialed professionals, and faculty experts to meet the needs of every student. Walk-in hours and appointments are available in most subject areas, with dedicated staff to help students identify the key factors that will aid in academic excellence.
Most subjects require scheduled appointments to meet with a tutor. Once appointments are requested, students are typically matched with a tutor within 24 hours.
To request an appointment, please use this form.
Certain courses in science and math are available for drop-in tutoring with no appointment needed.
Please click here to view the current drop-in tutoring schedule.
Tips for a productive appointment:
- Always come prepared – Prior to your tutoring or coaching session you should identify key topics that you need assistance in. This ensures meaningful time for both you and your tutor.
- Bring any materials that may be helpful – This could include lecture notes, homework problems, assignment rubrics, or syllabi.
- Stay engaged – During your session, the tutor will be able to provide the best assistance if you are focused and free of distractions.
- Follow up – After your session, review any topics and explanations that were discussed to ensure that you have a proper understanding of the materials you sought help with.
- Communicate – Honest discussions with your tutors about what you understand versus what you don’t will allow them to provide a quality experience. If you need additional assistance or have feedback, please share it with us.
The Center for Academic Success is located on the Gainesville Historic Campus at 611 Spring Street SE. Appointments may be available at other campuses on request, or can be provided virtually over Zoom.
For general questions regarding tutoring or academic coaching, please contact:
Ms. Lisa Christopher, Coordinator of Academic Success Services
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific questions regarding student success at Brenau,
including retention assistance and advocacy, please contact:
Ms. Didi Cassell, Executive Director of Academic Initiatives and Student Success