Brenau University Annual Research Symposium
Brenau University’s Research Symposium is an interdisciplinary presentation forum for research conducted by Brenau’s undergraduate and graduate students as well as by the Brenau faculty. The Research Symposium serves as an extension of the classroom and programs, explores creative approaches to emergent problems, and provides a venue for the distribution of research results and conclusions – offering opportunities for both learning and new interdisciplinary collaborations. Abstracts are published annually in the Brenau University Research Symposium Proceedings. Faculty, students, alumnae and alums are all welcome to contribute!
Spring Research Symposium
Friday, March 24, 2017 12:30-4:30 PM
Brenau University Downtown Center (301 Main St SW, Gainesville, GA 30501)
The theme of this year’s Research Symposium is “Conversations in the Global Community”.
We had 43 abstracts submitted this year, which will be explored through presentations in the following area:
- Assessments – Literature Reviews, Measurements, Comparisons
- Community – Service Learning, Engagement
- Discoveries and Inquiries – Finding, Surprises, Illuminations, Formulating Queries Not Yet Answered, Processes Leading to Investigation
- Gender – Biology, Sociology, Politics, Etc.
- Global Encounters
- Honors Projects
- Innovations and Improvements- Genius, “The New”, Change for the Better
- Interventions – Impose Upon, Interfere, Alter a Course of Action
- Justice and Ethics- Right and Wrong, Legality and the Law, Correction
- Trends and Transformations – What Is/ Was Happening, Group Considerations and Beliefs, Dramatic or Protracted Changes, Metamorphoses
The schedule for this event is as follows:
12:30 PM – 1:25 PM PLENARY SESSION Theater on the Square
Free Speech vs. Safe Space
1:30 PM – 4:30 PM CONCURRENT SESSIONS
1:30 PM – 2:25 PM Section 1
2:30 PM – 3:25 PM Section 2
3:30 PM – 4:25 PM Section 3
Moderators and Time Keepers are still needed for this event. Contact Kelly Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in helping with this event.
We invite you to also take a look at this year’s Spring Research Symposium Program.