Student Computer Requirements
While Brenau systems support most any modern computer manufactured in the last 5 years, this page has links to the specific requirements for each Brenau system just in case you have concerns if your computer will function with our systems. If you’re still not sure, just email us at email@example.com or call us at 770-538-4774 and we’ll talk you through it.
Operating System Requirements
At the very least, your computer should run one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 Home, Pro, Education, or Enterprise. Windows 8 may work but is not recommended.
- Mac OS X
The following devices types WILL NOT WORK for some applications and should be avoided unless they are used as devices of convenience:
- Chromebooks (LockDown Browser is not supported on Chromebooks)
- Tablets (iPads, Android tablets, etc.)
- Cell phones (while we have mobile apps for many functions, a full computer will still be needed for testing and other tasks)
- Windows 10 S-Mode (S-Mode devices cannot install apps not on the Microsoft Store)
Please click on the (+) next to each software product to see the requirements:
*Please note that some courses will also require a webcam and microphone so it is highly recommended that you purchase those if your computer does not already have them. Most webcams come with an integrated microphone and most laptops already include both a webcam and microphone.