SPECIAL MILITARY TUITION RATES
Brenau University offers a special tuition rate of
- $250 per credit hour (average $750 per class) for active-duty military personnel.
- A 10% reduction in tuition is available for spouses, and dependents of Active Duty service members.
- Veterans receive a 10% reduction in tuition.
The discount is available for on-ground and online undergraduate and graduate coursework.
Submission of the Military Status Affidavit each academic year activates the discount. https://brenau.formstack.com/forms/military_status_affidavit
Brenau University has an active chapter of the Student Veterans of America. Contact them at email@example.com or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/brenau_sva/
- Military Student Information (PDF)
- Financial Aid
- Request to Receive VA Benefits (online form)
- Military Status Affidavit
– Brenau does not penalize service members who are students when deployed, or who receive orders that interfere in their ability to complete a course. Email a scan of your orders to firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterans Administration Education Benefits
Any veteran, veteran’s dependent or active duty service person who qualifies for VA education benefits may apply for those benefits through the Financial Aid Office. The necessary forms should be obtained from that office, completed and returned prior to the beginning of the semester the student plans to initially enroll. All students who receive VA education benefits are expected to comply with the following Brenau University requirements:
- Students must comply with attendance regulations of Brenau University and the Veterans Administration and may not drop courses or stop attending classes without executing formal withdrawal procedures.
- Any change in a student’s semester course load should be reported to the Financial Aid Office immediately.
- Students should notify the Financial Aid Office when changing academic programs.
- Students must enroll in only those courses outlined on academic program plans prepared by Brenau University officials.
- Courses for which college credit has been granted by Brenau University cannot be repeated unless required by academic policy.
- Even though 6 semester hours in any semester is considered full-time status for academic and financial aid eligibility purposes, if only one course (3 hours) is taken in each of the two evenings or online sessions within the semester, VA will not pay benefits at a full-time rate, as the courses are non-concurrent.
Brenau University is required to report to the Veterans Administration on attendance, progress toward educational objectives and other matters affecting benefits. All benefits except for the Post-9/11 GI Bill are paid directly to the student.
Attendance/Participation in Course(s) Pending VA Payment
Brenau permits any student using benefits under Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment) or Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill) to attend/participate in classes during the period beginning on the date on which the student provides to Brenau a certificate of eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance, ending on the earlier of the following dates:
- The date on which payment from the VA is made to Brenau University
- Ninety (90) days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the COE
When a student receiving Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 benefits is unable to meet his/her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the VA, Brenau will not:
- Impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees
- Deny access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities
- Require a student to borrow additional funds
Prevent a student’s enrollment
Book Vouchers for VA/GI Bill
- All students must be submitted through the Tungsten System by their VA counselors. The PO (authorization) must be created yy the VA Counselor through the Tungsten System.
- The Service Provider should be Barnes & Noble Education. Note it must be for B&N and not the University. It has to have payable to:
Barnes & Noble College Booksellers, LLC.
Attn: Accounts Receivable Department PO Box 823660
Philadelphia, PA 19182-3660
The Federal tax ID # : Barnes & Noble Education -Fed ID #46-0599018
Are there Military and Veteran student lounges available?