Move-In Day for New Students is August 22, 2018
Move-in is an exciting time for new students. On Orientation day, you will be able to come to the Residence Life table at the Northeast Georgia History Center and pick up your keys. Early move-in is only available to preseason athletes and theatre students (your coach/advisor will contact your with your specific arrival date).
Orientation / Move-in can feel like a whirlwind. Here are some tips to make move-in a little smoother:
- Arrive on time – Please refer to your orientation schedule for specific times for check-in.
- Make sure you have completed all of your required forms (Housing Application, Housing Contract, Health Forms, etc) – You will not be able to move in without these items completed.
- Wear comfortable clothes and drink plenty of water – Moving personal items around campus will be tiring, especially August in Georgia.
- Bring a hand-truck or dolly – This will make bulky and/or heavy items easier to transport.
- Label all boxes as you pack them. When you are ready to unpack contents, you’ll know what’s where. It is also helpful if you label each of your boxes with your name and room number. This will help direct available volunteers to the correct room to deliver your items.
- Break down all of your boxes and throw away your trash in one of the large dumpsters located on campus. Do not leave your boxes and trash in the hallways, lounges, porches, or lawns.
Move-In Days for Returning Students
8/24: 1pm – 5pm
8/25: 9am-12:pm & 1pm – 3pm
8/26: 9am – 12pm
Check-in will be at the Owens Student Center Lobby