Move-In Day for Spring 2022 New Students
January 7, 2022
- Students will come to the Spring Registration event on Friday 01/07/2022 in the Brenau Trustee Library from 9 am-10 am to meet with residence life staff and collect their keys and information for their housing assignment.
- Students and helpers must complete an online health screening prior to arrival on campus. https://brenau.formstack.com/forms/covid19_screening_checklist
Move-in is an exciting time for new students.
Move-in can feel like a whirlwind. Here are some tips to make move-in a little smoother:
- Arrive on time
- Make sure you have completed all of your required forms (Housing Application, Housing Contract, Health Forms, etc) – You will not be able to move in without these items completed.
- Wear comfortable clothes and drink plenty of water – Moving personal items around campus will be tiring, especially August in Georgia.
- Bring a hand-truck or dolly – This will make bulky and/or heavy items easier to transport.
- Label all boxes as you pack them. When you are ready to unpack contents, you’ll know what’s where. It is also helpful if you label each of your boxes with your name and room number. This will help direct available volunteers to the correct room to deliver your items.
- Break down all of your boxes and throw away your trash in one of the large dumpsters located on campus. Do not leave your boxes and trash in the hallways, lounges, porches, or lawns.
Move-In Days for Returning Students
Reach out to your RA for details.
Returning Students may return on January 8-9, 2022.
End of Year Move Out Instructions
You can leave whenever you are ready! You pack up your stuff, empty your room or apartment, clean it and sign your Express Check-out form. Go to your RA’s room and get a key envelope. Put your keys inside, write your name and room information, and bring it to the Residence Life Office between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. You may bring your key to the Security Office in the event that the Residence Life Office is closed. RAs will go into your space after you’ve left to complete a Room Condition Report.
Regular Check-out Steps:
- Sign up for your check out appointment with your RA at least 3 days prior to leaving. If you have not done the following by your appointment time, the RA will not check you out. If you wish to sign up for an “Express Check-Out”, see your RA for more information.
- Empty room of ALL personal belongings.
- Dispose of all garbage/trash to outside trash receptacles. Do not leave boxes outside of your room, on the hall out on the front porch of your hall / house/Apartment. Do not place trash on the floor outside of the trash bins.
- Sweep and/or vacuum floor in room and bathroom.
- Remove all tape/stickers and any residue from walls, doors, and furniture. If you see that this is damaging the wall or paint, use a blow dryer to help loosen the adhesive.
- Clean your room & bathroom.
- Replace all room furniture to its original location within the room assembled (including Parklane Apartments – 2 beds, 2 desks per true bedroom)
- Have the RA check your room or complete the express sign-out information.
- Sign your room inventory checklist (RCR that RA will have) and return your keys.
- Have a Great and Safe Summer!