Retaining High Quality Professionals
Our investment of time and resources reflects our commitment to retain high quality professionals while providing financial protection to employees and their families. We foster an open door management policy, close-knit team members, work life/personal life balance and a personal and friendly atmosphere. In addition, our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical Insurance: Brenau offers a health insurance program that consists of a comprehensive medical and prescription plan. Brenau pays approximately 90% of the employee insurance cost while members pay only 10% for their own coverage. Brenau will pay 15% of the dependent insurance cost if elected. Employees are eligible to join the plan effective the first day of the month following their date of hire. Brenau recognizes domestic partners under this plan. Current insurance rates can be discussed during the interview process.
- Dental Insurance: With our plan, employees can see a dentist of their choice. By choosing participating dentists, employees will receive a higher level of coverage. Participation in the plan is voluntary and employees pay the full cost for employee and dependent coverage. Brenau recognizes domestic partners under this plan. Current insurance rates can be discussed during the interview process.
- Vision Insurance: Vision insurance is a voluntary program. The vision plan allows you to use the benefits in-network or out-of-network. Members using the in-network benefits will maximize their plan. Current insurance rates can be discussed during the interview process.
- Flexible Savings Accounts: A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) is a program that allows you to set aside pre-tax money from your paycheck to pay for a variety of eligible Health Care and Dependent Care expenses. The employee determines the amount of expenses incurred during the year and have equal payroll deductions withheld every pay period.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: LTD coverage provides income security to employees who are unable to work because of an illness or disability. The insurance is 100% employer paid for all full-time employees. After the 90th day of disability, employees are eligible to receive up to 60% of their monthly earnings up to a $10,000 maximum.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance: Each full-time employee has a 100% Brenau-paid basic life and AD&D policy. The Life and AD&D policy is equal to 2.5 times the employee’s base annual salary, rounded to the next highest $1,000 to a maximum of $500,000.
- Retirement Savings Plan: Brenau University offers a 403(b) retirement savings plan with TIAA-Cref. Employees may participate immediately, and Brenau will match your payroll savings up to 8% of compensation. The matching contribution is vested immediately and is determined by the employee’s length of service (some service credit may be granted for prior employment with other teaching institutions).
- Tuition Waiver: After the completion of six months of service, employees are eligible for the undergraduate or graduate tuition waiver (undergraduate coursework available for spouse and dependent children). Also, reduced tuition is available through reciprocal agreement with many colleges and universities.
- Maternity/Paternity Leave: A total of up to 12 weeks paid leave will be granted for the birth or adoption of a child in lieu of FMLA leave. This policy only applies to employees who have been employed for a minimum of 12 (continuous) months. This policy does not mandate the full usage of the 12 weeks.
- Paid Holidays: Holidays designated for observance at Brenau are: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and 1/2 day for employee’s birthday. Additional paid leave days may be announced by the President in connection with periods of student absence.
- Vacation Leave: Vacation is earned based on the number of years of employment with the university. On July 1 of each year, the maximum number of allowable days are credited in full to each employee’s leave account.
- Sick Leave: Employees accrue one day of sick leave per month (at a rate proportionate to hours worked) i.e.: a full-time employee working 40 hours per week will accrue 8 hours per month for a total of 12 days per year.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): The Northeast Georgia Health Systems EAP offers counseling and other resources to help employees and members of their immediate family reduce stress and balance their lives; on and off the job.
- On-site Child Development Center: Brenau operates a childcare facility on the Gainesville campus for children ages 6 weeks-Pre-K. Employees’ children may be admitted to the Center at a discounted rate, however all admissions are on a “space available” basis.