Website Cool River Adventures
Salary: From $12 an hour
Number of Hires for this Role: 10+
Looking for a fun job outdoors this summer?
Cool River is now hiring for the upcoming 2021 season! Join us for our annual aerial training session in May!
Proud to be one of North Georgia’s popular summer attractions, Cool River’s mission is to offer vibrant, safe, and memorable outdoor experiences to our valued guests. This is a seasonal position, ideal for students or others looking for summer work. Our season runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
We are seeking fun, physically fit aerial guides (18 years+). The primary role of aerial guides is to provide all guests with a safe, excellent experience at the aerial park. You’ll be giving instructions and encouraging guests on aerial activities. It’s a rewarding, team-oriented job.
No experience necessary. Training (including First Aid and CPR) will be provided to the right candidates. Outside our summer season, there are guiding opportunities on weekends in the fall and spring.
- Guide groups of varying size through aerial activities, zip lines, adventure courses, and a climbing wall, — following training and procedures
- Perform opening procedures and daily pre-use inspections
- Understand and implement risk-reduction in all work
- Perform aerial desk tasks, including guest check-in and ensuring waivers are complete
- Provide excellent services to all guests, including: fun, clear, thorough communication, sharing local area and environment information with groups, assisting guests with gear before and after each tour
- Gear up guests and provide instructional, safety talks to groups
- Perform closing procedures, including organizing and maintaining gear and equipment storage
- Gear and facility upkeep
- Outpost upkeep, stocking, and closing duties
- Other tasks and assistance to team members, as qualified and as assigned
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays from June through early September
- Exhibit sound and safe judgement
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to remain calm and collected in an emergency situation
- Problem-solving and initiative
- Working on a busy team
- Organizational skills
- Conscientiousness and attentive to detail
- Team-orientation and ability to take direction
- Professionalism at all times
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and friendliness
- Kindness, respect, warmth, and compassion
- Able to carry heavy equipment over long distances and upstairs
- Comfortable with heights and working in varying weather (heat, rain, etc.)
- Comfortable in a harness for extended periods
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Able to belay participants up to 250 lbs.
- Aerial guide experience, customer service experience, and/or teaching/education experience
- Spanish-language, Bilingual
- Additional values we would like a candidate to demonstrate are: a strong sense of curiosity; love of learning; a spirit of creativity
To apply for this job please visit www.coolriveradventures.com.