Website Georgia Mountains YMCA
We're more than a gym. We're a cause.
Oversees all operations of the YMCA after school site including management of Group Leaders; Develops and implements developmentally appropriate activities; coordinates after school curriculum; monitors licensure/YMCA policy and procedure compliance; interacts effectively with staff, parents and supervisors focusing on the YMCA values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith; and adheres to written budgets to foster individual growth and development of children in YMCA care.
1. Supervises 1 or more leaders at a site with enrollment of less than 40 students.
2. Monitors all aspects of daily operations to ensure compliance with licensure and policy and procedure requirements.
3. Supervises/schedules staff to ensure adequate supervision of children and effective implementation of scheduled activities.
4. Monitors and maintains current written records for each child and staff member.
5. Maintains and ensures compliance with written activity schedules, menus, fire drill schedules, incident/accident reports, and other forms of parent and staff communications.
6. Monitors staff training requirements and ensures compliance with regulations and requirements.
7. Effectively plans and implements a curriculum of developmentally appropriate activities in conjunction with staff, colleagues and supervisors.
8. Schedules and/or attends regular meetings with staff, supervisors and colleagues.
9. Requests and/or obtain necessary supplies.
10. Maintains an awareness of written budgets for revenue and expenses, and makes appropriate changes as indicated by deviations from the budgets.
11. Maintains accurate and complete financial records in a timely manner.
12. Fosters positive relations with staff, colleagues, supervisors, children/participants, parents/guardians, and the community.
13. Provides regular feedback and/or training to staff.
14. Solicits feedback from children/participants and responding appropriately to concerns in a proactive manner.
15. Develops individualized plans for children/participants for personal growth in conjunction with parents and other concerned adults.
16. Actively solicits interaction with the larger community, including guest speakers, volunteers, school committees and volunteers, community service projects, or other appropriate sources of community interaction.
17. Effectively represents the YMCA as a key staff member.
18. Models appropriate behaviors for staff under supervision.
19. Remains abreast of any changes in requirements/policies and procedures through regular communication with supervisors and attendance at ALL scheduled meetings.
20. Demonstrates a high level of professional ethics through fair and consistent implementation of all YMCA policies and procedures and licensure requirements with staff, program participants and parents.
21. Maintains current and accurate knowledge of YMCA programs, policies and procedures.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Community: Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
Relationships: Builds relationships to create small communities.
Communication: Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Developing Others: Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Decision-Making: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
Quality Results: Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Project Management: Develops, plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Inclusion: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well, uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Child Development Associate or better (must meet Bright From the Start requirements).
2. Six months’ experience in a supervisory position preferred.
3. Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of: CPR, First Aid, AED.
4. Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program specific certifications within required time frame.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
6. Ability to understand and implement fiscal requirements.
7. Ability to understand, interpret and implement licensure requirements and policies and procedures.
8. Ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
9. Ability to present a positive image to staff, participants, colleagues, supervisors and the community.
10. Flexible and willing to adapt to changing needs.
1. Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
2. Ability to monitor large groups of children and act accordingly to meet their needs.
3. Ability to lift, push, pull and /or move up to 50 pounds.
4. This position requires the following: Seeing, hearing, writing, standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching, crawling, balance, reach or grab and bending.
To apply for this job please visit www.gamountainsymca.org.