Website Georgia Mountains YMCA
For a better us.
Implements developmentally appropriate activities, to foster individual growth and development of children in YMCA care.
1. Actively participates with all children in providing a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual needs of both the individual child and the group.
2. Models appropriate interactions with the children individually and in groups and encourages their involvement in activities.
3. Models appropriate positive guidance techniques that include: redirection, positive reinforcement of children’s efforts, anticipation of elimination of potential problems.
4. Encourages identification and verbalization of feelings.
5. Participates in the maintenance of the facility to ensure it is clean at all times. Including but not limited to: wiping off fingerprints, picking up trash, cleaning up spills, cleaning furniture, toys and supplies, sweeping up after meals, or art activities, wiping off tables, keeping bathrooms clean, stacking chairs, EACH DAY, etc.
6. Remains constantly aware of the growing needs of each child, offering new and enriching experiences as each child reaches each level of development.
7. Participates in planning with other staff to include lessons/activities within the framework of the assigned curriculum.
8. Maintains a good relationship with parents through regular communication and active participation in planned activities.
NOTE: This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Decision-Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
1. High school diploma preferred.
2. At least 16 years of age.
3. CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of
4. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
5. Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate
6. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
7. Some previous experience working with children.
8. Swim skills preferred.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
About Georgia Mountains YMCA
We’re more than a gym. We’re a cause.
The YMCA is committed to putting Christian principles into practice. YMCA programs, activities and relationships teach and model Christian values in order to strengthen kids, families and communities. Caring, honesty, respect, responsibility, and faith are core values evident in all that we do. We are a private, not-for-profit, membership organization that serves the Hall County community. We seek to broaden an individual’s involvement, first from participant to member and later to volunteer, donor and advocate.
To apply for this job please visit www.gamountainsymca.org.