College Heights Early Childhood Learning Center
Supervisor: Preschool Director
Under the direction of the Preschool Program Director(s), the Preschool Lead Teacher is responsible for the delivery of a high quality educational experience for the children and families under his/her care. He/She must create & implement weekly lesson plans that support the curriculum and developmental levels of the students. All decisions must be guided by the goals of BFTS, YMCA and NAEYC standards. Parent involvement is critical to the impact and success of the overall program.
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. Must possess an AA degree in Early Childhood Education Degree or related field.
3. Have at least 2 years experience working with children younger than five in a state licensed center. NAEYC experience a plus
4. Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
5. Must submit a cleared GCIC and NCIC before working. Must receive a cleared FBI/GBI fingerprint check to continue working beyond 90 days. Annual GCIC will be conducted before each school year begins.
6. TB screening and a Physical must be submitted before working.
1. Plans and implements the program according to BFTS, YMCA, Head Start and NAEYC guidelines.
2. Teachers design an environment that protects children’s health and safety at all times.
3. Teachers work to prevent challenging or disruptive behaviors through – environment designs, effective transitions and engaging activities
4. Teachers create classroom displays that help children reflect on and extend their learning.
5. Teachers develop individual relationships with children by providing care that is responsive attentive, consistent, comforting, supportive, and culturally sensitive.
6. Teachers serve meals family style, sit and eat with children, and engage them in conversation.
7. Teachers evaluate and improve their own performance based on ongoing reflection and feedback from supervisor, peers and families. Teachers develop a staff development plan with their supervisor
8. Teachers use a variety of formal and informal strategies to become acquainted with and learn from families about their family structure.
9. Teachers and families work together to plan activities for student and teachers strongly encourage family involvement during all branch activities and events.
10. Must adhere and understand the NAEYC code of ethical conduct as it relates to peers, families and the community.
11. Must obtain First Aid/CPR within 90 days of hire and maintain the certification.
12. Must attend BFTS, YMCA and PCA Head Start trainings as scheduled.
13. Maintain records as it relates to attendance and student assessments that meet BFTS and Head Start.
14. Consult with the Director(s) on concerns related to student’s development or behavior before speaking with the parent(s).
15. Must maintain in compliance with the Y’s Way to the Creative Curriculum and Work Sampling System guidelines.
16. Develop a Classroom Portfolio to reflect the instruction provided to meet NAEYC requirements.
17. Perform other duties as related to the delivery of a quality program.
Ergonomic Requirements: Bending, stooping, standing, lifting up to 40 pounds, seeing, verbal communication and hearing. Annual TB and Physical results submitted.
Effect of end Result:
Children and Families will experience a high quality pre-school program. Children will be supervised at all times. Staff will comply with all rules and regulations of BFTS, NAEYC and the YMCA. The program will remain in compliance at all times with Bright From the Start and the YMCA.
Salary: $11.85-$15.66 per hour
Apply online: press “Add to My Jobs” button below
Contact Phone: no phone calls please