Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to request accommodations every semester? 

Your accommodations are valid throughout your entire time at Brenau. This includes students who enroll in graduate programs after completing their undergraduate education.

What are my responsibilities as a student?

  • Register with Office of Accessibility Services 
  • Provide adequate documentation of your disability 
  • Send out accommodation letters to all of your professors each semester (the Office doesn’t send out these)
  • Make sure to follow the office’s policies and procedures

Where do I submit my disability documentation, so I can receive testing or other specific accommodations? 

Send an email to, and someone will reach out to you.

What accommodations does Brenau offer?

Our accommodations are individualized, so they vary from person to person. Here are some of the services we offer:

  • Accommodated testing (quiet environment or additional amount of time)
  • Early registration for classes 
  • Disability-related absences, depending on your degree program
  • Campus accommodations (e.g. emotional support animals, campus housing accommodations)

Can I receive housing accommodations? 

Brenau offers housing accommodations for qualifying students. Visit our housing accommodations page for more information.

Who can I contact for any accessibility-related questions? 

Don’t hesitate to contact our main line at 770-534-6133 or email us at

I want to schedule accommodations for an upcoming test, how do I go about that?

For more information, view the schedule testing accommodations page.

Should I bring my laptop for an accommodated testing session?

If you are able to, please bring your own laptop. However, we do keep a limited number of computers in our office, so if you do need to use one, just let us know when you schedule your testing session.

What should I do if my professor doesn’t honor my accommodations?

Contact us directly at 770-534-6133 or to let us know.

Do you provide disability accommodations for those who aren’t native English speakers?

We only offer disability accommodations to students who have a documented disability. Not speaking English fluently is not considered a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Students who are English language learners are encouraged to take advantage of the Center for Academic Success, which offers tutoring and academic coaching.

I want to keep my disability and/or medical diagnosis confidential. Will I still be able to receive academic accommodations? 

Yes. We never share information about a student’s diagnosis and/or disability to faculty, staff or other students. Your letter of accommodation, which you will share with faculty, only states the things you need (e.g. extra testing time, audiobooks, etc.). We comply with FERPA, and keep your records private.

I don’t have a diagnosed disability, but I think I may have a learning difference or disability. How can I get tested? Does your office offer evaluations? 

Brenau’s Office of Accessibility Services does not offer psychological or learning assessment services. However, the Brenau Center for Counseling and Psychological Services — which is located on both our Gainesville and North Atlanta campuses — does offer psychological assessment and testing services for students. You can also schedule an appointment with a private psychologist or consult with your primary care provider for referrals to local providers.

How do I sign up for tutoring and academic coaching sessions?

The Center for Academic Success provides free tutoring and academic coaching to students. For more information, visit the center’s webpage.

How can I sign up for an accommodated CLEP test?

Brenau does not provide CLEP testing. If you would like to take a CLEP test, visit the program’s official website.

Have additional questions?

If you don’t find the answer to your questions here, please reach out to us at 770-534-6133 or